A case of wine.. UK Power

So I’ve just picked up my Nomad Pro from FedEx in the north west… I got there as it closed but they said they would get it for me.

He very kindly came back with the box and said ‘erm there’s a problem’ Oh what? a case of 15 bottles of red wine has smashed next to it… Ouch!

I opened the box and luckily it hadn’t soaked through so I was happy to take my Nomad home :slight_smile:

My question really is this, being in the UK do I need to do anything with the power voltage before switching it on?? i.e. change it to 240 v

Please don’t power up the machine until you’ve verified this — I’m pretty sure at least one SO3 power supply was fried for want of flipping the switch from 110 to 220V.

I’ve not got a USA to UK adaptor at the mo so can’t fire it up yet :slight_smile: I’ve e-mailed the guys at Carbide to find out. Another random question where do I get the license for Meshcam and Carbide create from there is no software in the box?

The Nomad 883 Pro power supply is 110-240VAC auto switching power supply - no physical switch - so you should be OK. The plug part I can’t speak to. That said, as @WillAdams points out, it pays to take the time to check.

I’m glad the christening didn’t harm your Nomad; hopefully it wasn’t a good or expensive red. :joy:

Do give it time to equilibrate if it was cold when it arrives. Leave it in the box and allow 1 hour for each multiple for 10F difference between the outside and inside temperature… this avoids condensation.

mark

P.S.

KEEP THE BOX! Carbide3D wants us to keep the box in case it needs to sent back.

Another random question where do I get the license for Meshcam and Carbide Create from there is no software in the box?

Ping Carbide3D for your license key.

Carbide Create is still in beta test… it’s not a product quite yet:

http://carbide3d.com/blog/2015/sept-2015-update

You can sign up to be part of the beta program… but realize that this is a program still under development:

You can download Carbide Motion - which sends your G code to the machine here:

http://carbide3d.com/downloads

mark

Have done thank you for the replies! Just ordered a USA to UK adaptor the one I had didn’t fit anyway…

Thanks again Tim

P.S. can’t wait to get started!

Crystal has confirmed it is an Auto Switching power supply that comes with the Nomad Pro and I have now got my Meshcam license :smile:

Carbide Create is due to be released in scarcely more than a week.

I’ve been using the beta, and I really like it. Simple and straightforward to use, producing excellent results in my limited tests. MUCH easier and faster than tricking MeshCAM into doing 2.5D milling. Great work guys!

Excuse me @timtom1 , is there a reason you don’t just use a UK power cord with the IEC C16 modular end? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Series-Plug-Power-Cable/dp/B0002AER3E Just curious–my 883 Classic has an IEC input but I don’t know the details on the 883 Pro…

Oh, and if your FedEx is that careless with wine, I’d advise carefully checking over your Nomad… :wink:

Randy

1 Like

Just curious–my 883 Classic has an IEC C16 input but I don’t know the details on the 883 Pro…

The Pro does too…

Oh, and if your FedEx is that careless with wine, I’d advise carefully checking over your Nomad…

At least his wasn’t rolled up a flight of stairs! :joy:

mark

Good point randy :blush: I will order one!

Done a quick homing and tool measuring test so far do good!