Am I the only Italian Shapeoko Owner? :)

Just a curiosity… do any Italian own a Shapeoko?

At least…European? :slight_smile:

D

2 Likes

There’s a few folk from the UK. I think…

1 Like

We have shipped machines all over the world — I’ve suggested that we keep a set of 3 maps / globes w/ colour-coded pushpins to track our customers (and then roll that image out as a blog post for months such as the previous one when we don’t have anything else to post).

3 Likes

I’d go one further and set up a EU distribution centre… my garage is a great place to start :smiley:

2 Likes

I can contribute a SO3 in Germany to the EU map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great idea.
I used to use “My Store Maps” with ebay. They might be able to work with others as well?
https://www.mystoremaps.com/about

1 Like

I’d be interested in Shapoko owners Down Under (Australia & New Zealand). We are so far away from you folks in the Northers Hemisphere and I for one feel terribly isolated. This feeling however is ameliorated by this Forum, thanks to all contributors.

4 Likes

It seems this is a good topic :slight_smile:

I’d would be very happy to know who own SO3/XL/XXL around me to feel less isolated!
It would be great if someone in Italy is on this boat too… moreover for me there is also language barrier that sometimes makes all more complicated! :smiley:

2 Likes

The language barrier is an excellent point. We do have some folks at Carbide 3D who have some facility with languages other than English (unfortunately Italian is not one).

I will note that this barrier exists even for native English speakers (and here I’m not referring to the American / British / Colonial divide “Two peoples separated by a common tongue.” was how Churchill put it if memory serves) — there’s a lot of specialized terminology. The community has worked up the beginnings of a glossary here:

https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Glossary

We’d be glad of any corrections, additions, improvements, or (and this is the relevant bit here) mentionings of when word selections are not optimal for understanding, especially by non-native English-speakers.

On the Vectric forum they have a member map. Members can send their location and have a marker placed on the map. I wonder if we could do something similar. On a voluntary basis, of course.

1 Like

There was an effort to do this for Shapeokos back when the SO2 was current — not sure what became of it.

@dtilton71
On the Vectric forum they have a member map. Members can send their location and have a marker placed on the map.

Excellent idea

@WillAdams
There was an effort to do this for Shapeokos back when the SO2 was current — not sure what became of it.

Would be nice to see it resurrected.

Hi Patrick, my name is Orrr. I’m in Sydney. I just got my Shapeoko XL. I saw your post about your dusting hose bracket. I think it’s really neat. Cheers

1 Like

You’re not alone!
Siamo almeno in due, ora! :slight_smile:

Massimiliano,
Roma.

1 Like

ahahahah grande Massimiliano!

Che versione hai? (which version do you have? ^_^)

Dario

2 Likes

We now have French and Italian versions of the

https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Glossary

1 Like

Good to know!
Thanks Will! :+1:t2:

I own the shapeoko 3, and you?
Maybe we can also DM :slight_smile:

Yes! It’s an important step in our community! Thanks!

Being that you are in Italy, I would be interested if you have seen the EVO One by Makerdreams in action. I haven’t seen or heard much about here, but it looks beautiful and capable.
Jerry