Anyone Ever Design a Light Switch Cover Plate?

Nice!

I have enough zebra wood to make about 6000 of these.

4 Likes

I have about 1500 made in Corian. If you’re interested….

I don’t know why people like the idea of wooden wallplates. They were a thing in the 70’s, then we realized flammable is a bad idea around electricity. Corian might be cool, if it machines nicely.

NEC 406.6(C) Faceplates of Insulating Material

Faceplates of insulating material shall be noncombustible and not less than 2.54 mm (0.10 in.) in thickness but shall be permitted to be less than 2.54 mm (0.10 in.) in thickness if formed or reinforced to provide adequate mechanical strength.

1 Like

Maybe that is why these went out of fashion.

1 Like

Aw, the belly button is so cute! :smiley: :woozy_face:

Which may be true and accurate as the aluminum wire debacle was the latest wrinkle, but I’ve never seen a switch get hot; die, but not hot. Anyway, there’s always the problem of the insurance autopsy after any fire. :grimacing:

Posting this video of a commercial product for design/implementation inspiration:

Includes thin wood veneer covers that double stick tape onto a regular plastic cover.

2 Likes

I use Corian and have hundreds if your interested. All sizes and configurations. Message me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.