AutoCAD 2000 DXF input to CC

I am a new user to CC and the CNC world. I have a background with drafting and design so I am very familiar with autocad. I have a student version of AutoCAD 2018 on my laptop. I traced a logo in acad using splines and then saved as a autocad2000 era dxf. When I try to import into Create all I get is a blank canvas. What steps am I missing?

Thanks in advance.PP Logo.dxf (372.2 KB)

1 Like

CC likes closed geometry and no extra lines (or overlaps). I recomment you start by deleting the text and trying it again.

Thanks for the input. I will try that, although it really isn’t text just open ended splines. Maybe that is the issue.

The community has some notes on this at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Carbide_Create#Import_DXF

• it may help to use the OVERKILL command to eliminate any overlapping or intersecting paths before exporting from AUTOCAD
  • if lines have different elevations, use FLATTEN
  • PLINES are intrinsically joined, and should be used where appropriate
  • AutoCAD 2000 DXF format (model geometry only, base model scaling) export from the desired face (not isometric view)
  • 2004 Lines
1 Like

Thanks for the help. I did get the project to successfully import. Now figure out the rest of the settings. Cheers!