Carbide 3D Community Gallery

This is the community Gallery for showing off projects or work in progress. Any work done on a Carbide 3D machine is welcome. Projects with source files and notes on feeds, speeds, tooling and workholding, doubly so.

Looking forward to seeing your projects!

Okay…after about five weeks of Shapeokoing I’ve got something that carved out half way decent. I know it’s still a little rough but…

7 Likes

I recently bought a Laser Cutter (Glowforge) but nothing compares the enjoyment of my Carbide CNC . Here’s a Teak lake house sign I made with my buddy Alan last night. The wood came from the scrap at Woodcraft. I used Illustrator exported DXF (Objects Not grouped), into Create. Video below.

New CNC weekly

2 Likes

I finally managed to make my first cut. I think i should have used a smaller bit for the eagle, but I am happy with it anyway;

3 Likes

my friend wanted a sign for his granddaughter’s room
her middle name is rose and she has a black lag named arrow

3 Likes

Ive been working on Inlay and Epoxy Resin in wood for several projects. Here is a 1.5" thick Maple Cutting board I made for a Spiderman FAN. Using SO4XXL.

5 Likes

Hey Eric, that looks AWESOME very impressive. one question were you able to run the board through a planer or did you sand it all.
Thanks RD.

First big project. 24inch diameter disc, pine wood. Wanted to experiment with resins so I filled the engraving with a carbon black epoxy then stained and clearcoat. Used SOPROXXL

1 Like

Is this your pet? I would not want to pay your dog food bill.

Yes it is. I have 3 Newfoundland dogs. 2 are puppies, less than 1 yr old. They each weigh over 100 lbs. They eat about 50 lbs of dog food per month.

Where did you get the eagle vector file?

I made this lantern for the wife’s birthday, the plans (and 50 more) are on my Etsy page under the shop name “HandyHusband”. The lantern is 14 individual cut pieces that fit together. I bought an original xxl about 4 years ago and have had great success using it to enhance my workshop, especially when I have multiple orders for the same thing. I bought a J-Tech laser add-on so I can custom personalize items.

1 Like

Nephews visiting this weekend so we had a little project to watch the cnc in action and learn how to stain wood. Their sports teams logos. They were pretty proud of themselves.

2 Likes

First project on new Shapeoko Pro 5. This was a test run on mdf. Getting ready to try on a piece of pine. One thing is this took forever on the Logo in the center. About 5 hours. I was a little nervous about messing with the speed because of all of the detail. I did incrementally increase feed about 3 times but very cautious about that. Going to have to dive into the feeds and speeds world. I think it should cut a little faster. Anyways Enjoy!!!

1 Like