Carbide Create crashes when using command + z on mac

If I try and undo something more than 2-3 steps backwards, Carbide Create crashes. Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

Yes. I am getting the exact same problem but on Windows 10. Seems to be a memory/stack handling issue. At the very least, it would be nice to have an auto-save option, so crashes don’t result in too much lost work.

1 Like

Yup, I cursed a couple of times when this happened to me too. Now hitting “Save” button very often. I would love an auto-save feature IF it saved under different names everytime (sometimes I am just trying things, and hitting “save” is my way to commit the change). A rolling auto-save buffer with the latest 5 auto-saved versions would be great.

What I would like even more is the ability to debug this kind of crashes myself somehow (wink wink @robgrz :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I can replicate the crash every time (310 build), by clicking undo several times quickly in succession. It is possibly related to the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th) undo event occurring before the previous undo function call has completed. If the function is running asynchronously, there could be 2 instances of it running at the same time and corrupting the history stack. Just a guess, but I am developer and I have had async function problems in the past that feel similar. Hope that helps if a dev is reading.

1 Like

It look like it has been fixed in build 312. I can no longer replicate the bug, which is great.

1 Like

I too have had this issue several times on mac, while hitting undo it would crash. Also if i clear the drawing more than once it crashes. Uninstalled and reinstalled and so far so good.

This bug is definitely still alive and kicking on the latest release, on Windows too. No grudge, just a reminder.