Carbide Motion - Ability to pause job and change Z axis zero

I work with thin sheet metal so there can be a disparity to where the zero is at the start of the job vs the center. The sheet metal is also held down by double sided tape so it can be difficult to zero it using the paper method as it can press the sheet metal down just a tad too much. During longer jobs, I would LOVE if I could pause the job to adjust Z-zero then start it back up. That way if I am not cutting enough I can adjust during the job or if it is cutting too deep I can adjust accordingly.

Would be SOO time-saving for this feature!

4 Likes

It’s a popular request but it will require a large change to the internals of Carbide Motion. I’d expect that we’ll add it at some point but it’s not on the immediate todo list because of the scope of the changes.

3 Likes

@robgrz Hello! New user, and I just came looking for the same feature, for the same reason. Any news? Or is it a feature and I’m missing it? Thanks.

Adam

I realize this topic is a bit old, but I thought I’d put in a plug for OpenCNCPilot.

I’ve made a few PCB boards using it for autolevelling and it works great. I’m going to assume you can probe sheet metal the same way.

Norm

Yeah this feature request from 2017 would be awesome. I am in the middle of a 2 hour job and realized I would get a better result with the rest if I could change the z-axis about .1mm. But too late in the job to start over.

1 Like

I was really excited to see this reopen… if it’s happening, please let me know!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.