CNC Fidget Spinner V5 - first post

Hey guys! I’ve had my Shapeoko 3 for a while now so I thought I’d show off a day project that was a lot of fun to make and play with.

I came across these guys while browsing youtube and thought I’d give it a try. Hopefully you guys like it!

The spinner is made with HDPE and some ABEC bearings I stole off of some old roller blades I didn’t want anymore. All in all the project took around 8 hours of testing to get to where it is now.(mostly because I’m a complete noob when it comes to cnc.)

The first prototype was made out of mdf because it was what I had at hand and the one you see now is made of HDPE kindly donated by my last customer.

As you can see the little relief circles were removed because they removed too much strength but could possibly be added back should you want to using a stronger material.

Here is the final product:

I’m super happy with the results and hope you guys like it as much as I did.

Attached below is the finished files designed for standard skateboard bearings.

spinner v5.c2d (121.8 KB)

spinner v5.egc (124.1 KB)

3 Likes

Sweet! Looks a lot like what I ended up with here: Spinner Fidget in Walnut, except my cuts failed on my center caps and I never re-made them. Did you cut those caps with the CNC?

Yup! if you look at the files below, the caps are included. They should fit any skateboard type bearing. I’m planning on making a little fixture for mass producing these for some friends of mine, but before then I’m going to make a simple jig to hold the caps while I machine their faces. Updates to come!