Cover plate over upper Z-Axis pulley?

Hi all,

I have a Shapeoko 3 Sparkfun Edition. When trying to mount a Suckit Dust Boot, I noticed that my SO3 seems to be missing a cover plate that sits in front of the top Z-Axis pulley and is connected to the Z-Axis base plate via four 1" Standoffs. My SO3 has only the lower two of these standoffs.
What is the reason for this plate and should I re-create one? If so, are there CAD drawings of that plate?

Best regards,
Reiner

The plate seems to be on all SO3 XL/XXL but not on the SO3, is this correct?

That plate is part of the Homing switch kit: https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/tools/products/shapeoko-3-limit-switch-kit

The XL and XXL were released after homing switches became standard.

It should work on a Sparkfun, but you may have to fiddle with the connectors (or you could contact us at support@carbide3d.com and buy a matching/updated controller board as well)

Okay, that explains it. Since I do already have homing switches, is there a way to get just a drawing of that plate so that I can have one created here in Germany?

I’m afraid we haven’t published drawings of the homing switch kit parts — it’s just a rectangle with 4 holes in it though whose spacing matches that of the holes in the plate — you’ll need an additional pair of threaded spacers I believe (I’d suggest getting 4 which have matching metric threads — early kits had spacers with Imperial threads).

I already have the spacers and the measurements for the holes, I am mainly interested in the width, height and thickness of the plate. Maybe somebody here in the forum can hold a caliper to his SO and provide these to me?

If no one else does, I’ll measure mine when I get home from my day job.

No hurry, it is not urgent :slight_smile:

Dimensions are:

90mm W x 55mm H x 2.75mm T

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Many Thanks Patrick!

Contact the Sucket Dust Boot campany and they can supply the extra 2 standoffs you need.

I did that already and they where very helpful and send them to me at no extra cost! Very nice of them!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.