Design grid moves

Hi,
First post here. I am the proud owner of an SO3 and am still in the learning mode. I have destroyed some nice plywood so far. Trying to find a way to hold down the cutout pieces so that they are not ruined. I have a problem with the design grid moving to the right on my computer screen. It almost goes off the screen. I set the grid up with .5 inch squares but I don’t know if that has anything to do with the problem. Is there a way to keep the grid centered on the screen?

Thanks,
Larry

Would you please write this up step-by-step? Preferably illustrated w/ screengrabs?

At each step note:

• what you did
  • what you expected
  • what actually happened

If possible, also upload a source file so that we can follow along. Not sure if this is a bug or a misunderstanding.

Hi Larry,
Welcome to the forum, these guys are very helpful.
If I can guess at your issues:

-You’re using Carbide Create and when you zoom in and out you’re having navigation issues. Have you updated to the latest version of Carbide Create (Version 303)? Navigation has been greatly improved recently. The ‘Reset View’ button also works wonders.

-Your design is cut out (or very nearly) and then moves around and catches the bit, ruining the finish. There are several solutions here; you can either use double sided tape to secure everything, use the onion skin technique, where the part is cut out save for the last 0.5mm or so, or use tabs (Unfortunately, Carbide Create does not support tabs yet). Check previous forum threads for more information on tabs.

1 Like

Thanks Owen. Build 303 cured the problem.

Will, On the old build, when I would left click my mouse, the design grid would move to the right on the screen and I could not find a way to get it back to center. It would even move off the computer screen if I kept clicking the mouse. But, as I told Owen the new build does not do that. Thanks for the help. This is a very good forum.

Larry

1 Like

Click “reset view”. That may help you