DIY Touch Probe - Edit Carbide Probe routine

Ok so I’ve made my own touch plate using a 1-2-3 block, wired it up and it work great, a little clunky but it works. My question is how do I adjust the offset parameters of the carbide motion canned touch routine? Searching the forums I can find the command G38.2 Z-25 F10 which is the simple 1 dimensional search in the negative Z direction. This works, but again it’s a little clunky.

I’d really like to manipulate the polished probing routine that comes stock with CM, any ideas?

1 Like

I’m afraid the numbers in CM4 are hard-coded to the Carbide 3D Probe dimensions — the Triquetra folks have worked up an Autohotkey script which will adjust for their probe dimensions after a probing cycle — perhaps you could adapt that?

Hmmm ok I’ll have to give up on a CM macro then.

For now I’ve created this code in UGCS

G21 G38.3 Z-25 F10; G10 P0 L20 X0 Y0 Z0;G0 Z2; G38.3 Z-2.1 F1

It’s a work in progress.

1 Like

Here’s what I did in UGS. UGS Probing has been unreliable for me, so I reimplemented what I wanted in macros. They’re below.

1 Like
1 Like

Any chance you could share how to wire up? Apologies if there is another thread about this, but I cant seem to find any information on how to DIY a touch plate for the three pin connector.

What are you wiring up?
Which controller do you have?

By default, a successful G38.2 or G38.3 probe occurs when the the probe pin goes low / gets connected to ground.