Error installing Carbide Motion on mac

I just purchased a Shapeoko 3 but it is yet to be delivered. Planning to prepare for it’s arrival, I downloaded and installed Carbide Create with no problems but I can’t seem to install Carbide Motion. It downloads but once I click on the Carbide Motion icon in Applications, I keep getting the error: “Carbide Motion quit unexpectedly”. I use a Mac running Mojave 10.14.2 which is the latest version.
Can someone help please?

I operate CM on my Mac with Mojave, I use CM build 4.0.412 with no issues. I’m not sure if this is the last version available.

Please try making a new admin account and see if the program installs there. If that doesn’t help, drop us a line at support@carbide3d.com

I’ve run on 10.13.x, 10.14.x without issues. Be aware you can’t do much (well, anything at all, really) until you have a machine for it to connect to.

So do you mean that this error can occur because I don’t have the machine plugged in?

It wouldn’t surprise me too much. Not saying it should, but it might be related.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.