File problems after upgrading Carbide Create

Hi Everyone, I was running Carbide Create version 285 on my machine and just downloaded the latest version. I opened up a file that I was working on, and most of the data was gone. The file consisted of 3 elements, the first is a hole (which remained in the file), and the 2nd and 3rd were polyline elements and they are now gone. I opened several files and it was a consistent pattern. All the “normal” stuff like squares, circles, text, etc were still in the file, but any polyline objects that I had created are now gone.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

No, but please send any such problem files to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll have one of the developers look into it and hopefully get it fixed.

There was a similar problem w/ a previous version pair I believe, and someone wrote a utility to update files. Here:

and Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

Mentioned at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

So its not a known issue, but other people have identified it and written scripts to fix it? Hmm, seems like both options would be mutually exclusive. I guess it is my own fault for buying something in permanent Beta version.

I meant that it’s not a known issue with this specific revision — that none of the files which we used in testing, nor which customers have reported have had this issue. I don’t know if the script will work with the new version files. Please forward your files to support@carbide3d.com and hopefully one of the devs can puzzle this out.