Finally cut some fishing lures

I have been cutting lures with my Nomad 883 for the last year. I ordered the S3 XXL last fall. Finally got everything set up. First multiple body 3D cut using Meshcam.

pretty darn happy with the results. the pencil finish pass just kissed the tape.

6 Likes

This is what they will look like when completed

12 Likes

Beauty - is that the masking tape + superglue work holding method? If so, how do you like? Keen to give it a try myself.

I tried the double sided tape when I first bought my nomad 883, Lost at least 1 bait each job. I started using when I purchased the XXL. The crazy Glue and masking tape is still batting a thousand. When I cut 2d i use tabs, 3D t-track and clamps or the crazy glue trick.I’m not above dropping a screw in where needed as well

1 Like

May be a trade secret, but how do you get the crazy reflective finish on that? It looks really awesome!

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

Its aluminum foil with a texture embossed in the foil.

3 Likes

I may be living under a rock but have not heard of the masking tape and super glue method. How do you do this and any residual issues to the waste board?

Thanks!
Marcus

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll definitely give that a try.

Marcus

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.