Finished scrabble board

Gift for my parents with all the grandkids names. Pleased with the outcome. The walnut tiles ran very nicely. Still not the biggest fan of the pine board but it works and was cost effective.

17 Likes

You win the internet today.

2 Likes

Looks great! Love the walnut tiles. I’m doing a scrabble board myself for my parents for Christmas, I went for oak for the board and bought an old original Scrabble wooden edition off ebay, with the intent to reuse the wooden tiles (but now that I see yours it makes me wonder if I should go ahead and carve a set myself)

1 Like

This looks amazing… love your work! The walnut is great, did you fill the letters or is that just the finish?

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you! Julien, setup for the tiles took a little time in Fusion, but the actual run time wasn’t long. I was using 12x3" walnut strips and was able to line up two next to each other to decrease tool changes. Stuart, just clear coat on the tiles. Had thought about painting then sanding to give some depth, but was out voted by the more creative members of my family.

7 Likes

This is fantastic! Full disclosure I am going to plagiarize this idea. My mom has a birthday in February, and she would love this.

I know you don’t like the pine but the contrast is great.

Thanks for sharing!

–Scott

1 Like

Thanks! No worries, plagiarize away :slight_smile: