Gcode for 1911 Grips

(Steven Bade) #21

No. I tried to open Griff’s file, but fusion (on a mac). did not want to open it. I had an issue last night where my model would not save, so i lost my chamfer on the bottom edge (not a big deal, i can add that later). i actually have both sides modeled mostly, so i’m going to attempt to cut tonight (don’t have a 1/8 ball mill right now, but i’m just going with verifying basic fit right now.

(F B) #22

As @neilferreri said in the thread before, you don’t open it as a zip file. Remove “.zip” from the end of the filename so it ends in “.f3d”

I did this and didn’t have an issue.

(Griff ) #23

The forum only allows certain file types. The workaround when you want to post an unacceptable file type is to hang .zip on the end of the file name. When you download it go into your file menu on your hd and rename it by simply deleting “.zip” from the end of the file name. It will then upload to Fusion and you can open it.

(Griff ) #24

Hint, offset plane and offset plane on a line. Oh, and “project” in the Sketch dropdown which enables you to project points from one plane to another.

Well, that’s pretty funny, me giving Fusion tips. A serious LOL :joy:

(Steven Bade) #25

Thanks for the info. Griff, your better able to give advise than I.