Help required to run Hello World

Hi All from the UK… Another newby Question sorry for this I know its probably been ask before, re Hello World i’ve extracted the files from the zipped folder but cannot open the files, at first I thought maybe laptop may be on the blink but I have open some other folders I have, and files and its all OK. I have the Shapeoko 3 xl which I have just built so am wondering what I have done wrong.
Has anybody got any ideas that may help. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me. Steve.

I believe it may be a zip file…

It’s a zip archive located at:

http://docs.carbide3d.com/tutorials/hello-world/s3_hello_world.zip

once you download it, when you unzip it, delete the MACOSX folder (it’s metadata and not needed). the files box_art_hatch_path.nc (extra file to add hatching) and box_logo.nc (the hello world proper) ought to be in there.

You don’t really open the files, just select them in Carbide Motion and send them — make sure that your computer permissions are set up to allow this.

1 Like

Will Adams
I cant thank you enough for your quick response, I had read the tutorial several times and either miss read it or miss understood it. I have spent the best part of 2 days trying to work it out, I’m just relieved that the cnc must have been put together ok, ( BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL ON THAT)
Thank you very much for your help. Maybe one day I will be able to help someone in some way. Thanks again Will. Steve 2

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.