How do i use the Edge Finder?

I bought the Edge Finder with my Nomad Pro.
As i thought it would make things a Little more easy to align etc.

But how do i use it? =)

1. Can you slow the spindle to less then 1500 rpm?

2. https://youtu.be/5_qiPE5z7SE

Post discussing this here:

I understand now,
So in small steps.

1. Install the Edge Finder in my 1/4" collet and tighten
  2. Go in to JOG mode and jog to the EDGE of X axis of the metal u are gonna cut or the end of the table (depending on where u want the 0 to be) until the Edge Finder stops to wiggle. Then u are .2inches from the actual center. Lift up on the Z axis until free of obstable and go in 0.1" on the X axis to center on the actual 0. Do the same for the Y axis.
  3. Drop the Z axis on thin paper on top of the metal being cut until the paper is barly touching the edge of the mill (friction) and zero it

Is that a correct interpretation?
Where do the most of the programs in g code start the 0? From the metal plats u are cutting of the threaded table? I know its a stupid question but.

Close

1. Install the Edge Finder in my 1/4" collet and tighten (start the spindle at 2000 MAX rpm (Edge finders should run from 750 to 1500 rpm, but the Nomad has a 2000 rpm min, and I read from other uses that it works at this higher rpm.

2. … until the Edge Finder stops to wiggle. NO, go further until the edge finder slips off center (did you watch the videos?)

Your XYZ0 is where you have programed it to be. If you are using a vise, you always use the solid vise edge (the jaw that doesn’t move)