How to get vcarve pro for cheap

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get vcarve for cheap. I unfortunately don’t have the amount of money that is required to buy it.

If you only want to do the actual V-carving - and not the design stuff - you could use something like F-engrave (free, but not as easy to use as V-Carve) and Inkacape or other program for design. In fact, F-engrave uses black and white images for its input.

I designed this sign in Inkscape using black and white text and graphics and cut it with F-engrave and a 60deg bit.

4 Likes

The scrollwork is fantastic

Thanks, but to be honest, All I did was google “corner flourish” and did a copy/paste/mirror/flip to get them in the corners. Threw on text and saved it. The software really did the work.

2 Likes

so my cutting surface is only 32"x32" and im trying to make a piece that is 48"x30" and i learned that vcarve pro has an add on to easily let me do that @MadHatter

1 Like

Ah, yeah. There are ways to set up index points in your model and on your piece, but since I have not needed to do it yet, I don’t know how to do it. But V-Carve Pro would definitely be the easiest route.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.