How to upgrade from grbl .9 to 1.1

(greg) #1

hi I have the Shapeoko 3 I have purchased the touch Probe
so now I need to upgrade from .9 to 1.1 I cannot find a video which I prefer or detailed enough instructions on how to do this
I do have a limit switches please Thank you

(William Adams) #2

Please see:

(Steve Jones) #3

You already have a link to the instructions, but one thing I never saw in the instructions was to change the microstepping on the circuit board on the S3… On my original configuration it was set to 1/2 steps I think, and it had to be set to 1/4 steps by moving a jumper on all 3 axes…

(William Adams) #4

Please see:

Added a note about DIP switches.

(greg) #5

Mr. Adams I am confused by coment on 1/2 steps and 1/4 , my question sir is do I need to know something or should I be fine

(William Adams) #6

Older boards had DIP switches for changing from 4x to 8x micro-stepping — if you have such a board, make sure it’s set to 8x micro-stepping (to match current production boards).

(greg) #7

I have the 2.2 board

(William Adams) #8

In that case, you should be fine.

(John Ellenberger) #9

I assume nobody has tried this with the fabulous Sparkfun S3 (which uses a different controller)? I have always assumed I would need to do the Arduino IDE compile process to do this. Still haven’t found the courage to do this although early on I accidentally compiled .9 to the SF controller and it actually worked so I may be ok (???)

(William Adams) #10

It should work. If it doesn’t, check in w/ Sparkfun and let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to help.