So, I finally have become comfortable with both my Nomad and MeshCAM, to an extent. However, I’ve got a bit of a problem I could use some help with. A couple problems, actually.
I cut out a test frame front using the double-sided adhesive tape, and it actually worked really well all the way until the end. Once most of the part was free, there wasn’t enough surface area to make a good enough hold and it broke free without doing the final stages of the cut. So, I figured this would be the case from the beginning, and that I’d have to find a way of clamping the frame without obstruction.
Traditionally, when frames are milled, the eyewire is milled first, and then a clamp in the shape of the eyewire in inserted, which is what holds it in place through the rest of the process. The beginning stages of this video will show you what I mean. Obviously, I’m not trying to accomplish the same thing as shown here, but this will show you what I mean by a clamp in the shape of the eyewire.
The material I am milling is buffalo horn. If there’s an easier way to attach it to the table, or accomplish what I’m trying to do, I’m definitely all ears.