Just received my Nomad PRO!

So excited. Any / All mods I make will be posted on Thingiverse with needed parts, links, etc. Working on a brushed shoe and universal shopvac / lid attachment this weekend. :v:

-Hank

3 Likes

Nice LED ring!

Where is the power coming from?

mark

P.S.

I’ve got a Nomad 883 Pro dust head design coming soon. What do you have in mind?

1 Like

For now I’m using my spare 8.4v trey. I’ll prob end up making a 12.6v trey for more light. 8v isn’t cutting it. Hah.

For the vac attach, I’m playing with some different flexi-tubing this weekend that handles vacuum really well. I’m hoping to have a shoe that attaches to a flexible bit of tubing to a fixed point in the lid. Then design a nice rig (5"x4" cutout) that will fit in the plexiglass and have 2-3 diff attachments for shop vac hoses. Start off super basic so any/all can modify without too much special hardware.

:v:

-Hank

For now I’m using my spare 8.4v trey. I’ll prob end up making a 12.6v trey for more light. 8v isn’t cutting it. Hah.

@Randy and I have played with the rings and 12.6V is it!

For the vac attach, I’m playing with some different flexi-tubing this weekend that handles vacuum really well. I’m hoping to have a shoe that attaches to a flexible bit of tubing to a fixed point in the lid. Then design a nice rig (5"x4" cutout) that will fit in the plexiglass and have 2-3 diff attachments for shop vac hoses. Start off super basic so any/all can modify without too much special hardware.

Sounds good! The one @patofoto and I are working on has two variants, one for the Nomad 883 and for the Nomad 883 Pro. The Nomad 883 one is really simple:

The Nomad 883 Pro one is a bit more complex but equally cool.

mark

I keep getting this error when I attempt anything…

Thoughts?

FIXED: I’m the idiot… Haha :v:

Try recycling the power while the USB is hooked up.

Next, GENTLY move the table and gantry to the center of their respective movement domains. Now cycle the power.

Report back.

mark

Nodda. It won’t load or home. :expressionless:

Hits this error over and over. @mbellon

Possibly fixed…stay tuned… :smiley:

Report what you did.

mark

Ran through the steps you gave me:

Power down, center table/drill, and still got the error while zeroing. After 4 attempts I decided to reset my NVRam (restart: Command-Option-P-R) in hopes it was a jumble in the translation somewhere…fixed it immediately, and currently / successfully running 2 Lulzbot Taz’s and the Nomad. #giggity

:v:

-Hank

Hank

I am jealous. Might I propose you consider your mod in Onshape? You get the value of Thingyverse, only its the source CAD data. We could not only access and share your work, we can all branch and contribute to the design as well. Its not just a one way distribution tool.

Sorry for the pitch. I have had grand plans to build and share all kind of projects here, for Nomad. But my bandwidth has proved lacking… Hopefully soon I will get some projects shared

Joe Dunne