LattePanda and Carbide Motion

Thinking about picking up a LattePanda to run Carbide Motion in the shop. Anyone know if LattePanda specs are sutable to run carbide creat.

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1719.html

SPECIFICATION
CPU:Intel 8th Gen Celeron Processor N4100, Intel 8th Gen Core M3 optional
Core:1.1-2.4GHz Quad-Core,Four-Thread
Benchmark (PassMark): Up to 1800+
Graphics:Intel UHD Graphics 600, 200-700MHz
RAM:4GB LPDDR4 2400MHz Dual-Channel, 8GB optional
Memory:32GB eMMC V5.0l
External Memory:
1x M.2 B Key, PCIe 2x, Supports SATA SSD
1x M.2 E Key, PCIe 2x,Supports USB2.0, UART, PCM
Connectivity: WIFI 802.11 AC, 2.4G & 5G
Dual Band Bluetooth 4.2
Gigabyte Ethernet
USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 Type A
1x USB Type C, supports PD, DP, USB 3.0
Display: HDMI Output
Type-C DP Support
Extendable eDP touch displays
Co-processor:Arduino Leonardo
GPIO & Other Features:2x 50p GPIOs including I2C, I2S, USB, RS232, UART, RTC,Power Management,Extendable power button,everything you need
OS Support: Includes a activated edition of Windows 10 Pro

3 Likes

Should be just fine.

2 Likes

Beefier processor and more RAM than what I use so I would guess it wouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m considering picking up a touchscreen, machining my own case, and build a home bro brew Surface Pro.

Sounds pretty awesome - be sure to share some photos here when complete!

1 Like

Verrrrrry interesting.

Can’t wait to get started. Unfortunely it going to take three weeks for my LattePanda baord to reach me here in the U.S.

You can pick up an 8 inch surface pro 2 tablet for like $200 used, very reliable and if you get the 256G or 512G version, the have 8G, pair that with the i5 inside and touch screen and it’s a great cnc pc. I happen to have a few from past stuff and use them on my laser and have one set up for my Nomad, LOVE them!

Since the panda uses the celeron processor, I wouldn’t recommend it, windows will chew it up in a second.

1 Like