Looking at bringing a new Z axis to market

@DCFYI - thanks for the prompt I have been updating my backers via email but not posting anything on here. I’ve just sent you a PM as I’m assuming you haven’t had my emails?

The majority of stock parts have come, I have the custom milled ball screws, motor stands thousands of screws, switches. I’m expecting the custom cut linear rails and sliders today!

Annoyingly I’m waiting for a few small nice to have but not critical parts - V wheels and eccentric nuts which were ordered ages ago but are taking their time to come from china…

The custom milled parts are in production and I’m hoping for some pictures this week. There is a possibility that they will be ready next week but it’s more likely the week after. If thats the case assembly and shipping isn’t far out :smiley:

I’m also having conversations with the guys at suckit and we’re spitballing on some designs.

Yehhh!!! I just had the heaviest box ever arrive!

Custom ground rails and blocks.

7 key parts off a complete setup.

7 Likes

Nice looking bit of kit, that. Properly Knolled, even. Can’t wait to hear feedback from the first round of users.

ALWAYS be knolling :wink:

I had to Google this :joy:

1 Like

Next time you post a pic, make everything juuuust a bit out of square.
Some parts just a bit too close.

Some a bit too far.

Some. . . . .randomly. .spaced apart. . . . . . .with . . . . . .no. . . pattern.

1 Like

#sorrynotsorry

Late evening delivery and the v wheels showed up! Now I just need the machined parts and my eccentric nuts…

1 Like

Can’t seem to vote, but I would almost certainly buy the $450 one

2 Likes

Hi guys

Things seem to be picking up pace a little.

• Instructions are being reviewed by a couple of my early backers and I’ve had some good constructive feedback this morning.
  • V wheels turned up yesterday - that just means I’m waiting on the main parts and eccentric nuts. I can ship without eccentric nuts but I’d like to include these if I can.
  • The main construction is in production - some parts are awaiting finishing.
  • Myself and Mark & Jenn have the basics worked out for Suckit users - we’re making positive steps towards a fitting kit. Mark is finalising the design for some new arms.
  • I had the 2.2kw spindle mounts turn up today - unfortunately they have some light surface damage - it doesn’t hold back the functionality but it’s not pleasing. Im working with the manufacture to address this going forwards, I’m thinking of a solution for the 5 I have.

80mm of machined hole goodness.

8 Likes

On the latest design, will there be space to mount a laser in addition to the router? I purchased a 10W from Endurance Lasers and scratching my head on how I’m going to mount it.

Hi Reid

Yep, on the top of the Z plate I’ve added 6 holes for additional hardware. With a bracket you can add a laser - I’m adding one to mine :smiley:

Luke

Great! I’ll preorder one from you.

1 Like

Hi Luke, Great work! I will be ordering one but I have to build my new house first after I sell my house after I finish the renovations as soon as my son finishes buying his home and moving out, so I may not be able to get in on the pre-order option. No matter, You’ve shared so much I want to support your efforts. Thanks again and I will be purchasing asap. Jude

Hi Jude

Thanks for the kind words!

Thats no problem, best of luck with the move. By the time you are done I should be able to keep stock levels :smiley:

1 Like

Recived my Beaver CNC Heavy Duty Z/X or HDZ in the mail today. The build qulity is amazing! I hope Cardide will support it in a futuer build of motion! I created a thread for those of us who have made the leep. You can find it here: Beaver CNC Heavy Duty Z/X Upgrade (HDZ)

1 Like

Just thought you should know that I also received my beautiful blue monster as well today.

1 Like

Received two today. If they work as well as they look, (I am certain they will) Luke will be a Busy Beaver.

Very impressed by the build quality and short time Luke delivered these to market from the initial order window.

2 Likes

Luke

Would you mind giving me a page that shows your Z/X, and describing what it does. I have a new Shapeoko XXL. I did not buy a router with it as I wanted a 2.4. It is 80mm. I have it ready to install. My guess is you guys have determined the Z that comes with the XXL is inadequate for the heavier 2.4. Is this why you made your Z/X? Lemme know. I think I need your Z/X. Can you email me? darwinrasmussen@gmail.com

1 Like

Here’s a thread with the goods : The Beaver CNC HDZ Lives!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.