Meant to build an enclosure for my new XXL, built it a luxury condo instead

I hope you’re charging it rent!! LOL :laughing:

Thanks, Jeremy. Good information. I worked out a design, and am in the process of getting a shop to put it in.

Hi Jeremy, do you have the torsion box sitting on anything? What I’m trying to see is how it’s supported in the cabinet.

The outer walls of the cabinet are screwed in to the sides of the torsion box and the center divider sits under the center of the torsion box, supporting it.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the information. I am in the process of getting an enclosure together now. How happy are you with the dust collection coming from the front of the machine? Would it work if it came from the back? thanks,

Jayson

The dust collection works really well, save one kink. I don’t know whether putting it in the back would help or just relocate the problem though. As it is, when the cutterhead is in the lower right, near the dust collection port, the flexible hose can get pinched hard enough to cause teeth to slip on the belt. I’ve ruined a few jobs this way. For now, it just takes a little extra babysitting when I know it will be visiting that area of the workspace. I plan to fix this when I rebuild the removable top to be 6" higher because, right now, I practically have to crawl in when reaching deep into the bed. That should allow me to bungee up the middle of the dust hose and keep it out of the way.