Meshcam tool selection

Hi All,

I have installed the latest version of Meshcam, and I thought that the Carbide 3d tools were supposed to already be in MeshCam. Am I completely in left field on this? Or am I supposed to put these in manually?

Thanks
MrJJ

I have installed the latest version of Meshcam, and I thought that the Carbide 3d tools were supposed to already be in MeshCam. Am I completely in left field on this? Or am I supposed to put these in manually?

The MeshCAM special menu appears when a C3D license code is entered. A “pure” MeshCAM license does not show the C3D menu(s).

mark

Hi Mark,

The license I have is a C3D license. But the only Carbide menu is Carbide Auto Toolpath.

Thanks

@MrJJ, Mark is correct. The Carbide tools appear in the Carbide Toolpath Wizard.

In my own MeshCAM install those tools don’t appear outside the wizard, only the tools I’ve entered manually.

The Carbide Toolpath Wizard appears to be the same as V6’s Use Automatic Toolpath Wizard, just with the Carbide tools preloaded into its tool selection dialog, and it automatically runs the toolpath calculations unless you tell it you want to review the settings.

Randy

1 Like

Hi Randy,

I did notice those but it is not the complete list of tools available from carbide 3D. Such as the #201 flat end mill which doesn’t show up there. Do I need to enter that manually? If so, where to I get the info to enter it. And what about the other ones that carbide 3D sells that are not in Meshcam

Thanks for helping a total noooob.

MrJJ

@MrJJ, I see what you mean. MeshCAM 6 Build 27, the most recent release, dates from March of 2015. Entering a tool manually into MC’s tool list doesn’t propogate to the wizard. I assume that when Rob releases a new MC build, it will have all the current C3D tools built into the wizard. But (just looking in from the outside) he’s been 100% busy with developing the Nomad and Shapeoko3 machines and control software. I’ll be happy when a new MC build does come out…

Randy

1 Like

… and doesn’t gouge my part! :smiling_imp:

mark