My Job is great!

Here’s a rare three-color die…

2 Likes

Meshcam is terrible at making efficient 2d or 2.5d tool paths. It can also drive you insane with quirks that are impossible to get around.

I switched to VCarve Pro and it produces MUCH more efficient tool paths.It’s not a stretch to say it’s 10x faster than Meshcam for most parts. VCP also offers much more control, a more intuitive user interface and great tutorials.

You might consider using a SO3 to make your parts since it has 15x more power than the Nomad. I use my SO3 20 to 1 over my Nomad for that reason and because I can cut much larger parts. I’m not sure it would give you the precision you need for these parts but my guess is that it would.

1 Like

We have two sides of the same coin here… I think MeshCam is great! Now that I’ve learned all the quirks, it takes about 10 minutes to set up a die. The proper tooling is everything, and I get the tiny details I need. The 2.5D feature works flawlessly. If you need help with meshcam, let me know, and I will try to talk you through it. Several things are counter intuitive. Now that I have a second Nomad coming, I’ll be having twice as much fun!! Whee!!

2 Likes

Based on your run times, I think you may be giving Meshcam more credit than it is due. Those dies should not require more than 20 to 30 minutes each.

Is there G-code optimization software which works on G-code from MeshCAM?

It’s not MeshCam’s fault. The tiny tooling I have to use will break if I try to take heavy or fast cuts. Please also keep in mind, I am cutting hardened brass.

1 Like

The picture doesn’t do this one justice. There was a lot of careful carving to get those lines perfect.

2 Likes

These are pretty awesome!
I went to Mcdonald county high school, in Missouri. We used the mustang, like the one you did for the college.
Pretty cool job, you’ve got.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Back from vacation!! here’s a Buffalo!!

2 Likes

Good time for a vacation!
Wondered where you’ve been :slight_smile:

I had to bring my brother West… It’s a poor pun, but the best I could do under the circumstances…

2 Likes

I kinda like this viking, even though real vikings never wore horns on their helmets…

2 Likes

I’m making some work holding devices with my nomad… The first one has come out nice, with a little help from WillAdams :slight_smile: Thanks again man ;D

Before this die, the coasters were hand-aligned, resulting in a unacceptable number of scrap pieces. This new fixture will eliminate the guesswork!

4 Likes

I was cleaning my desk today, and I came across a piece of history! This is the “test” piece that the guys at carbide3D ran for us before we purchased our first machine.

my oh my, how far we’ve come!

5 Likes

A couple high school/college dies… letters are yawn boring lol

They are “unfinished” being fresh off the Nomad. Still need to polish the surfaces, clear the holes, add counter bores, etc.

2 Likes

I used to live in Michigan… the economy there is so terrible, I don’t care if I ever go back.

3 Likes

Just a couple finished or almost finished pictures. I love seeing my dies in action!

2 Likes

Hot off the Nomad just a few minutes ago!!

3 Likes