New Dust Shoe V2

(Jason) #1

Decided I was tired of vacuuming after each run; really liked the “suckit” dust shoe design with independent Z axis. Here is my design…set the shoe high with stock…allows for independent Z movement and entire shoe raises with router when finished run or between rapid movements… hope this video works.

(Luke) #2

This looks very similar to the one Ive designed and am waiting on a skirt for…

(Jim Amos) #4

Great looking work, and I’m looking forward to your next video.

(Jason) #5

Have added a cyclone to the system now…still fine tuning everything but generally happy :grinning:

(sam) #6

Nice job. How is the design holding up? I’m thinking of building something similar. Any changes you would make?

(Jason) #7

Design needed some work…had some snagging issues on plunge causing belt to skip on Z axes…decided to go with the suckit dust boot…well worth it.

(Jason Morgan) #8

What about the simpler “router attached” designs. Are those really that much harder to manage than the plunge independent designs? I am getting ready to make one and thought my V1.0 would be the more simple “figure 8” shaped base with magnetic attachment of a bristle plate. I was thinking of making this in wood first with a vinyl sheet that I cut into small strips to make the bristles. Tweak a bit to get it working well then remake in acrylic.

(Elroy s Collins) #9

This design is awesome. I’ve been wondering about the best way of using a dust boot some how, and not getting in the way for deeper cuts. Nice job!