Newest addition to the Shapeoko setup: SuckIt dust boot

(Ryan) #1

Finally got around to installing my dust boot and so far I like it.

(Phil Thien) #2

Neat!

So what are you using for clamping there?

(Luke) #3

that does look smart! I need to add one to mine - your Shapeoko looks so clean compared to mine

(Brash Timbers) #4

This is a timely post as I just installed my boot last night:

Although I must admit I had some trouble getting the support arms to slide smoothly in the track as there was some flash I the black brackets, and the acrylic backplate has some questionable machine marks (not sure how flush it’s supposed to sit in the track):

Lastly, I had two of these bushing nuts left over, did you?

(Daniel Loughmiller) #5

I’m happy with how my suckit dustboot went together though the video could have been more helpful. I know one part mentioned the ‘front’ of a piece but there was no context for which side was the front, figured it out but throwing an ‘f’ on there or just showing a closeup of the front would have helped.

(Jim Amos) #6

I installed these bushings on the bottom of the arm support brackets… no extras for me when I assembled things. You must have had extras.

(mikep) #7

Did you have 2 or 4 of these bushings in your kit? They are used to clip the bottom of the slides to the bottom of the z plate. Which is really poorly shown in their docs.

I broke my right side track in a crash, but an email to them and they are sending replacement parts… I do think I would be happier if it was made out of aluminum instead of the acrylic, but it does seem to work well.

(Brash Timbers) #8

My kit came with four bushings. Two went to holding the bottom of the z axis gantry support brackets. Everything seems to be complete so I’m assuming they’re spares.

I found the official video helpful otherwise:

Next step is finding some light weight vacuum hose from McMaster-Carr as suggested by another forum member and coming up with a cyclonic separator rig (likely just buying the $100 Oneida Dust Deputy kit).

(Ryan) #9

They were 3d printed from this design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1347836

Here’s another that I’ve been meaning to try: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1744734