Project: Dodecahedron 360 Degree Speaker

I love this project. I get excited every time I see you’ve updated the thread. Can’t wait for the video! Thanks for sharing this!

Thank you! It means a lot! Just editing it together right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a very cool project and I’ve been following it as well. I’ve got two nearly new 5.25" Kicker full range speakers that I pulled from my “Let’s see how much $$$ I can spend to replace my truck stereo” project a couple months ago that I’ve been thinking about turning into a bookshelf speaker for my iPad. Won’t be nearly as cool as yours, but you’ve given me some inspiration!!!

Dan

Very Very nice Nick!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking good there, @nick that is a thing of beautiful engineering!

I’m wondering how it sounds, since its all actively driving in on itself and there are no resonance ports? It looks gorgeous though.

How heavy is it? Might be good for an outside yard speaker.

Thanks guys! Yeh sound quality isn’t amazing due to the reason you stated along with the less than great quality of the drivers but i’m quite happy with looks which was the main aim in this case!

fairly heavy… the actual dodecahedron itself weighs about 20kg!

Maybe try this project with half the speakers and fill every other hole with screen for some resonance?

I think if I attempt another build with multiple drivers this would be a good idea :slight_smile:

Right so this has been a long time coming but I finally got around to making a short video and writing an instructable :slight_smile:

If you like this project please don’t forget to vote for me in the Instructable CNC contest :slight_smile:

I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have; here or in the comments section of the video/instructable!

4 Likes