Replacement Z Axis Stepper Motor

Whats the best replacement for the Z Axis Stepper Motor. I have amazon prime and like to use that to order but if not its ok. I know its a NEMA23 Stepper but there are different type. I can cut and solder the wires so lenght is not an issue.

As noted at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

The Shapeoko 3 uses NEMA 23 stepper motors, 125 oz.in, 200 steps/rev: Stepper Motor - 125 oz.in (200 steps/rev, 600mm Wire) - ROB-13656 - SparkFun Electronics

It’s pretty rare for a motor to go bad — usually it’s the stepper driver chip on the control board — write in to support@carbide3d.com and we can work out sending you the correct part.

I switched the connector with the Z axis and is doing the same thing so I think the motor is bad.

I meant the X axis motor is bad, switch with z to test and doing the same thing.

Most likely what is bad in that case is the wiring for the motor. Answered your ticket, so we’ll get this sorted out on support.

When I thought my Z-Axis motor was bad, it was actually a missing set screw. The motor shaft was free-spinning inside the pulley.

2 Likes

So after testing the X axis extension wiring is the issue.

1 Like

What I do next? I did the testing and I think its the extension wire cuz it only messes up with that wire and if I plug directly into the driver it works fine.

The Z and X are not working now

So trying to check everything to see what is going on X is shuttering when moving (which is what it was doing before) and Now Z is no functional all together @WillAdams

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com with a full description of which part(s) are bad and we’ll sort out how to get this fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.