Shapeoko Deal on G-Wizard?

G-Wizard is an amazing tool for calculating speeds and feeds. However, unless you pay annually it drops down to calculating for spindles with a maximum of 1hp. Given that many of us use Dewalt 611 with 1.25hp, we will always get suboptimal results.

Tormach has a lifetime deal where after a year it calculates to 1.5hp maximum.
This is a version worth paying $79 for but is only available to Tormach owners.
Has Carbide3D negotiated a special version for their customers with Bob?

1 Like

Not that I know of — I keep arguing that we should just build it into Carbide Create and MeshCAM (at one time there was a nifty integration which allowed copy-paste of feeds/speeds — I think it’s broken now).

There are frequent sales, and given that one just has to pay for 2 years to get a 2HP license which is all most of us need, not sure that there’s room for a special offer.

1 Like

2 years -> 2 hp
Didn’t realize that, Will.
Thanks, I’ll go read the fine print.

1 Like

Their licensing model is eminently sensible, and a nice compromise betwixt annual cloud-licensing and unsustainable single version, or iterative updates.

I just wish they’d move it off Adobe AIR to something which didn’t require such a large runtime footprint.

1 Like

Yeah the licensing makes sense but it’s so against the norm of how software is licensed that I think a lot of people miss it the first time they read it, me included.

And yeah every time the Adobe Air update request comes through I’m a bit annoyed.

1 Like

Spoke with Bob Warfield about the 1-hp per year of subscription logic.
Works as you said and a discounted 3-year subscription gets you 3-hp.
Better still, for a .edu account he’ll give you a 20% discount … ever so sweet!!!

1 Like