Software suggestions to emulate V-Carving

(Don Sieburg) #1

I make signs on my S3 and it does a great job with V-Carving. I use CorelDraw to make the artwork and then export SVG files to Carbide Create. However, I frequently need to provide my customers with a proof before production. Does any know how I can create the attached effect in CorelDraw or other?
vcarve

(Daniel Loughmiller) #2

In photoshop and Adobe products this would be done using an inner bevel layer effect, probably something comparable in Corel?

(Don Sieburg) #3

Thank you… I have done that, but it requires converting it to a bitmap and exporting it to another program.
The CorelDraw bevel effect works fine, but I cannot make it appear as a V groove.

(Daniel Loughmiller) #4

I wasn’t suggesting export/importing it simply inquiring as to whether the coreldraw bevel could do the same.

(William Adams) #5

I think Adobe Dimensions used to be able to do this sort of thing — not sure if they have a product which does so now.

Most expedient thing would be a screen grab of the 3D preview from Carbide Create or Vectric Vcarve. Does Vectric have an option to export a pixel image of the preview?

(Daniel Loughmiller) #6

(Jared Hooper) #7

As Will says above perhaps you could take a screenshot of the Carbide Create preview.

(Jose Prieto) #8

I work whit Illustrator to convert my vectors to SVG to me work best .

(Don Sieburg) #9

Thanks to all who offered their advice on how to achieve a v-carve effect for my customers proofs before production. After much tinkering I was able to make the effect good enough in CorelDraw so that it appears raised or carved… really odd! My customers are just going to have to trust me!
vcarve