Something not quite right

(BH) #1

Greeting!
I have recently build my SO3 XL and squared it up as best as i could. I did run a successful hello world, but i have notised that the x-axis make a vibrating sound on the first travel it makes after homing. It only happens when i use rapid position right after homing and when the carriage stops the sound is normal again. It sounds a little bit like the belt misses the pulley. I have removed the x-axis motor and made shure the pulley set screw is secured. I have tried with different belt tension and adjusted the V-wheels. Starting to get stumped on what to do next. Any suggestion anyone?

(William Adams) #2

Mechanically that part is pretty straight-forward, please check:

and verify the wiring — also check that none of the drag chains and so forth are getting snagged, see: http://docs.carbide3d.com/software-faq/home-switch-troubleshooting/

If none of that helps, let us know and we’ll dig deeper.

(barthelemy bach) #3

I had exactly the same trouble. Just check the x step motor attachment . In my case , just Tighten screws with the Allen key ,was ok to stop the noise.

(BH) #4

Hello again.

• I have now tried to remove the x-axis motor again to check the set screws. I have tighten them well and applied locktite to them.
  • I have losened the V-wheels and tensioned them again as the instructions specify.
  • I cant see anything getting snagged when it makes it first travel. Not shure what to look for in the wiring. It seem that everything is connected as it should be.
  • I have applied tension to the screws that holds the x and z-axis motor
    The sound is still there and i captured it on a short clip of video here: https://youtu.be/_jYvJ72IlQ8

I still cant find out why the sound is created.

(mikep) #5

Sounds like something rattling. Is the belt slapping against the rail as the carriage moves?

(William Adams) #6

Could it be the drag chain rattling as each link settles in place?

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.