Sound-proofed Nomad, completed 1st wrench tutorial, problems homing w the 2nd

They were very nice & sent me a new motor w a hardwired cable. Jorge even said he’d help me through Skype. But once I received it & read the E-mail instructions I got a little intimidated. I’ve been a little overwhelmed w work lately. Plus I’d have to take out some of the soundproofing I had just installed. I had a friend that was going to come over to solder the cable, but then I caught the flu and had to cancel, so things have taken longer than expected. But I need to learn how to solder anyway, so I ordered this iron to learn. I did take a look at a few youtube tutorials, but I will check out that adafruit.com one as well, thanks. I just spoke to Jorge and he suggested that I add a little goop of solder to the connector, twist and tin the cable & then solder it to the connector. I’ll try that . Maybe I should add some contact cement gel and a strain relief afterwards. If this doesn’t work, I’ll have to bite the bullet & try to install the new motor.

2 Likes

I used hot glue on the connection after repairing, plus the strain relief, so far no issues. Here’s the tutorial that somehow made the most sense to me:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look it up, but I just “finished” the job. My very 1st. It was messy.

Not sure if the solder went deep enough inside the hole, and it’s going to work. I’ll test after I add some glue or tape.

1 Like

Make sure there is no continuity between the gray and yellow wires there. That solder blob looks large enough to bridge the gap.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope it’s ok, cause I already added contact cement gel

1 Like

Works! I fixed it!!!

6 Likes