Here’s what I’ve been sending out from the support e-mails: Glad you’re making progress!
Being off by 1/16" on an XXL or the long axis of an XL is about 1/10 of a degree — we’re talking very small adjustments. Things which have worked for folks, depending on the specifics of where their machine is out:
- clear the powder coat out of the holes
- drill out / enlarge the holes to allow for adjustment of the plates
- shim the ends of the extrusion
- file / machine then ends of the extrusion flat
There’s some discussion of this, and a number of links at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Calibration_and_Squaring_the_Machine
That said, if you can get this to occur at the back left corner of the machine it won’t interfere with homing, and so long as:
- the bed is level
- the extrusions are level to the bed
- the Y-axis extrusions are parallel to each other
- the X-axis extrusion is square to the Y-axis
- the Z-axis is plumb and square
the machine will run true to itself and cut squarely (given the proper toolpaths and feeds and speeds).