Here’s how I did it. I do my drawings/designs in Illustrator but what I did should work similarly using Inkscape, Corel or other vector drawing program. I first prepared the workpiece and brad nailed two wood strips to the wasteboard absolutely square to the machine so that the workpiece fit snugly between.
Knowing the exact dimensions (length and width) of the workpiece I first drew a rectangle box in the drawing program to match those. Then I place the design/letters (outlined) inside the box positioning and sizing them as I want. Then place a line across the box and design and divide it all into two pieces ending up with the design and the box cut into two separate groups of objects. I rotated one of those 180 degrees then made each section into it’s own svg file.
When I open the first file in CC it comes in with the divided rectangle box (and it’s contents) aligned with the bottom left, which is where the work zero is set. I select the objects within the box (but not the box) to assign toolpaths as required. I do this for each of svg files.
Then I secure the workpiece in the machine between the holding strips and carefully mark or install a wood stop where the end of the workpiece is (which is also job zero on the forward left side) Then I jog the machine to that forward left corner, set the workpiece zeros and run that first .nc file.
After the first file is done I turn the workpiece around and put it between the holding strips and secure it with it’s end lined up with the mark or the stop piece. I rapid position back to the workpiece zero set for the first section and run the second .nc file.
I’ve only done it twice but both times worked just fine.