Touch Probe Update - Back in Stock

Wow. I’ve been waiting for most of this year for this to in stock, “…in just a few more weeks!” and there wasn’t enough to satisfy demand for 4 hours? Please tell me I won’t have to wait until 2019 and that there will be enough to meet at least the “wait list” demand for the next batch! I’ve been counting on having this for my 2018/2019 build season and extremely disappointed that stock was so woefully underestimated.

Any thoughts on putting this up as a pre-order so you can build-to-demand and fulfill as you go? I’d gladly pay up-front to be in that queue!!

3 Likes

That’s a great GF!!!

2 Likes

Am I the only one that can’t imagine asking my wife to buy me a three axis touch probe without cracking up before I got the question out. All in anticipation of the face she would make.

2 Likes

I can’t even picture that interaction. I don’t see myself asking that, but if I did I can imagine the amount of questions would be higher than me just taking the day off work in anticipation of pressing the “Buy now” button for the probe. It’s odd too because my wife is pretty handy and understands most of my tech babbling (perhaps she’s just good at smiling and ignoring me?). She’s picked up materials and tools from the big box stores for me, but “3 axis touch probe”, nope.

Had a girlfriend buy me a guitar once, 70’s something Gibson SG, spot on, but I don’t think I would have asked her to buy the probe either. Good thing I was somehow a first batcher!

Dan

believe me… before i explained what a touch probe was, she was down to get one, even after i explained it was for the router.

1 Like

They have them it seems

2 Likes

Wow She’s a keeper!!

The problem we had before was wiring and electronics availability. Our local vendor wasn’t able to keep up with our demand so we had to go to a bigger vendor. We now have have a solid inventory of those parts so it’s only aluminum that we’re waiting for, which we’re running as I type.

6 Likes

Got the email, was not able to immediately get online to purchase and by the time I was able (like 4 hours or so) they were sold out again. Yay.

Don’t know who this guy is (smirk) but he’s selling a version.

https://www.beavercnc.co.uk/product-page/beaver-cnc-zero-probe

1 Like

I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned the elephant in the room :slight_smile:

Any updates on when you’re expecting stock to be replenished?

Probes are going back in stock tomorrow at noon PST.

3 Likes

Oh Boy! Setting my alarm now!

They are back in stock

1 Like

And out of stock. Missed them again.

Better put a “ring on it”

Please sign up for e-mail notification on the stock page, using multiple addresses if possible. See: Was the probe released already?

The next batch is almost done being machined so assembly will begin in a few days. This next batch should be enough to satisfy demand for a while.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.