I ended up drilling the holes on the right side. As you can see the alignment was a bit off even after drilling out the powder coat with a 6.5mm.
After drilling, and some brute force, I got the two dials to read within .004 of each other. The best yet. I decided to throw my Amana rc-2248 fly cutter on there and secured a piece of scrap MDF on top. I was going to surface most of that board to see but without a dust boot, the fly cutter kicks a crazy amount of dust up and I had to abort. Holding a vacuum in front just didn’t cut it. I put the Pro Tram back on to find that now it’s within .0015 to .002! I’m fairly happy with the result now.
I think if I drill out the other side I should be able to get it within .001 or even 0
By the way, the fly cutter is awesome and even though it’s MDF, it ate it like butter at 100 IPM and is a perfect cut.