Using UGS "Probe Helper"

I decided to start simple and just use the UGS functionality and a cheapo Z probe-pad. Probing works fine but the result don’t seem right. If I do a return to zero after the probe I am about 1/16" above the material. I could fudge the probe width but I want to know what is actually happening here (some mysterious parameter?). Screenshots attached:

Just after probe finishes

Just after return to zero button pressed

probe2

Try the nightly build, there is an improved probe plugin.

2 Likes

I’ll send mine over in the am but I too use the nightly build

Just to confirm the UGS nightly build (platform / 64 bit in my case) works fine. The added animation is kinda ugly but the point is that it does the job. It also has an x-y capability.

Have you swapped to the platform built - the probe module should look something like this:

1 Like

Well kinda. Mine doesn’t have the cute little Mac round cornered tabs but more or less the same on Windooz. I am currently only using the Z tab.

Is the plate thickness correct?

I use UGS Platform for the probe features. It has worked perfectly on all axis probe options available (well, in the short time I’ve had the probe anyway :slight_smile:)

What pad did you get?

Not sure which of us you’re asking but I have two:

Cheap Chinese Z

One that can do edges, Z and centering

The cheap Z plate had a decent set of wires so I put a connector on the end and I can plug either plate into the controller depending on the circumstance

Perfect, thank you…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.