XXL Homing on z axis issue

I have just finished build my Shapeoko 3 XXL. I am trying to jog but first I need to initialize the machine. Normally, the homing sequence is launched. The problem is that I am getting an error where it stated that Z switch has not been detected. Looking at the Z axis I found that it is moving down instead of moving up to hit the switch. After searching the forums, many people are saying that I probably mounted the Z axis the wrong way. I have double check and it seems to be ok. Included is a picture of my Z axis. So, any help would be great.

Thanks.!

IMG_3016|375x500

Something is wrong with your image post. It’s not viewable.

Possibilities:

• Z-axis installed upside down (static pulley should be on left when viewed from front)
  • miswiring β€” all wiring extensions should be straight through, all motors consistent
  • wrong Grbl settings

See: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/SO3_Function_Test#Direction_Correction

1 Like

1 Like

I found the problem. The Z switch was always on even when it was not touching the plate. I played with it using my finger and I was able to turn it off. Then, launching the home sequence did worked as expected.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.