@grumpa - a very good point, I have left it just sitting on the torsion box at this stage, I'm fortunate in that I have a bit of space, though not a huge amount. I'll test the flex in the base and go from there I think.
@jimidi - Thanks! I still haven't actually cut anything on it yet, but i just put down a few of my recent projects and measured it up from there. My tracks are 19mm (3/4") wide, spaced 110mm (4.3") apart. They are 9.5mm(0.4") deep, and I routered the slots so they sit just below the surface of the ply. I cut them into lengths of 400mm(15.7") Look forward to seeing your setup!
@TOOLZ - I have looked at 8020, and steel box section, I will have to put some more thought into it as I want to be able to return the machine to it's stock setup if I ever sell it. And thankyou! the inlays are very popular with the Girlfriend, they came out very sharp, but I didn't heat the resin as it set and I ended up with a few bubbles, so the next round will be better!
@jdg3 - Thank you and well spotted! I had a lot of trouble with disconnects on my machine with the CM boards, the C3D guys were awesome but I think the power setup in my (rental) house is about as bad as it gets, we just couldn't fix the problem! So I bought a G540 and power supply, and have been problem free since - Running under LinuxCNC. I've made adaptors so when I move house or a new board comes out I can plug straight in. The spindle control is just awesome!
@UnionNine - Thats a great tip thankyou, I wish I had seen that before I did the board, I probably would have used that! I looked at regular HDPE which was hundreds for the 3x3ish size, the board board is much cheaper... next time!
I have installed the MDF sacrificial board now, and my acrylic guards up the sides to keep the mess off the floor and out of the V-Wheels time to tram it and start making stuff again!
And this is my next project: made entirely from the leftover 1" ply sheet I used on the board