Y-Axis stepping adjustment help

Hey guys and gals,

Was running a leveling project on my wasteboard and noticed that on the Y-axis I have very subtle “bumps” running the length of the board. Fixing x and z seem pretty easy, but not sure how to go about fixing the Y. Would like this thing to be as flat as possible.

Any tips? Thanks!

Such problems can be caused by a couple of things:

1 Like

You are the man! Thanks alot

It’s def the spindle. Threw my square on it last night and there is a small gap on the left and right. Just wasn’t sure how to correct that. I’d have to loosen the whole machine again? Or is there something on the spindle that I can loosen to correct this?

Check this out: https://youtu.be/P4VverLXpCI

1 Like

Definitely have watched that one. I dont seem to have much play on the right side gantry to fix the ridge. Im not sure how else I could do it.

Definitely the spindle mount…

1 Like

Check your Z axis wheel eccentrics first. You can throw the z axis out of plumb with improperly adjusted v wheels.

Dan

2 Likes

After I took everything apart I thought of that. lol, everything is level now. If it comes off again that will be the first thing I go for.

Ended up drilling out the top of the hole on the mount a little and threw some loctite on it and hopefully that’s it. Well see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.