Z axis not going down enough

My spindle will not lower enough to surface my spoilboard… It stops at about a 1/4 inch above the surface.Tried 3 different times, same result. Help!!
Cam

Make sure your router is mounted as low as possible. If using the Makita adapter it may help to flip it over.

Please check the machine mechanically, esp. the belt tension — the Z-axis belt needs to be guitar string tight (but careful not to bend the motor shaft). Putting a bead of thread lock on it and letting that dry may help.

Consider (temporarily) removing one spring.

It is not a physical problem. The spindle is capable of going down way below the surface of the waste board.
It seems to be a code problem. I am using Carbide Create and Carbide Motion. When I attempt to lower the spindle, it refuses to go any lower than about 1/4 inch above the surface.Then it starts to surface above the surface!

Cam

There is a limit on how far down Carbide Motion will jog.

You should be able to exceed that movement by using the MDI or setting the G-Code up in consideration of that limit.

Thanks, I will try different software. MY latest attempt was way too deep.

Cam

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.