Z axis plate upgrade and belt tensioning?

Alright, I’ve been working on putting my XL upgrade together this past week, but now I’m stuck on how to tension the z belt, as the new z axis plate assumes that you have the tensioning bolt at the bottom idler. I’ve seen other posts where they use pry bars or wooden shims between the two motors, but I don’t think I can do this as I can barely get the nuts tightened behind the motor in the first place, as there isn’t room for a wrench around the nuts, and the BHCS caps are too large of diameter to turn them around.

How is this supposed to work?

I found the best way to go about this is to use a luggage scale, attach it to the bolt and spacer which you are trying to tighten and pull up until the scale reads ~20lbs. and then tightening it, repeating with each bolt.

You might have a belt from a bad batch though — contact support and we’ll send you a new one. I think we’ve also switched since from 524mm to 520mm length which should help.

Mark,
Take a look at this post. I had a similar issue and it was corrected with an $0.80 part.

1 Like