90 Deg VCarve No Simulation

I picked up an Amana RC-1142 90 degree v-bit, but I cannot get a single VCarve to show in the simulation when choosing this bit.

Am I running into a software bug, or did I input some parameters incorrectly?

File included. Would be great if someone could pinpoint where I am going wrong.

90 Deg No Simulation.nc (35.8 KB) 90 Deg No Simulation.c2d (43.9 KB)

Here is what I see on my side.

Hi @micherbr,

When I open your file I get the same result, and when I change the tool to another 90° V-bit that exists in the default tool dababase, the preview is ok.

Can you post a screenshot of your tool’s parameters, or better yet your tool file ( Help => About => Open data directory, go inside “CarbideCreate” then “tools”, get the csv file there, zip it and post it here ?)

I suspect CC does not like one of the parameters in your custom tool.

2 Likes

Thanks @Julien

Here is a screen shot. Happy to send the actual .csv if needed.

@Julien

Here is the .csv.

Thanks again for looking. My Stuff Shapeoko Hardwood.zip (764 Bytes)

Toolpath preview works fine here:

1 Like

FWIW, I get the same result when choosing my Amana 45 Deg v-bit as well, but not my Amana 60 Deg v-bit.

Hoping I just set up something incorrectly with the 90 and 45, but obviously got it right with my 60.

1 Like

I can’t spot anything obvious in the tool def.
I tried re-creating a custom V tool with the same specs, and it works.
Can you try deleting and re-creating first the toolpath only, and then the tool ?
Sorry it’s getting late here, I’ll leave you in @WillAdams’s hands on this one

1 Like

Thanks @Julien I suspect it is the tool, as I get the same results on other toolpaths in totally separate files. Odd that it is on both my 45 and 90, but not my 60.

Ill troubleshoot a bit more later this evening and let you know what I find.

1 Like

@Julien @WillAdams

It was the tool(s). I deleted/rebuilt them in the .csv, and everything shows fine now.

Thanks for double checking everything for me. Not sure why those two tools were not working. And now I know that when in doubt and after scratching my head, it is easy and quick enough to rebuild the tools from scratch and try again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.