Adding BitRunner to 2.4e board without connector

Greetings,
I purchased a BitRunner but upon receiving it found my board was missing the molex connecter (even though it was the above the required board version of 2.4e). I contacted support and they advised I would need a new board but after further emails Will let me know it was a molex microfit.
I ordered the part from Mouser and it was easy to solder in. Just have to be careful separating the board from the heatsink underneath. Gentle, steady pressure and it came loose.

Simple solder job as well as cutting out an opening in the top case to allow the new molex connector access.

I’ll include a couple pics of my board to help identify it as well as the exact Mouser part number. It’s working well for me now and wasn’t that much work. Saved me buying a new board so I’m happy.

–Jamie

Mouser part:44764-0601

3 Likes

I ran into this problem with the VFD kit since it uses that same connection… Sigh.

Hey Carbide folks - can you update the store description to call out that some 2.4e boards don’t have the connector? Right now it only mentions 2.3 and below (I know it says pre 2019 BF, but revision numbers should be more meaningful…).

Also, thanks for posting the Mouser link!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.