Advance Vcarve - 2nd tool not showing in gcode generated

Platform: Shapeoko Pro XXL
Carbide Create Version: Build-756
Post-processor: ‘Carbide 3D Shapeoko’

Past:
Did advanced v-carve in the past with zero problems for an inlay back in November 2022 using Shapeoko Pro XXL with Carbide Create (Build-652) - So I know I know how to do this.

Present:
Today, no matter what I do (i’ve updated to build-756 now) when ever I generate an Advanced Vcarve (for text input using the in-build CC text function), G-code generated only has 1 Tool instead of 2 in it so I don’t get the prompt to change tool after the pocket when running so it ends up also doing the vee cut with my 1/8th single flute upcut.

Question: What can I do to fix so the second tool prompt is included in the g-code as is expected and automatic normally!? you help is really appreciated as time is of the essence (file attached below with the link to the g-code visualiser)

[Carbide 3D g-code converter Link]

JoeSmith_Name3_Coaster.c2d (124 KB)

There is not enough room for a 1/8" endmill to perform clearing operations. Switch to a smaller clearing endmill if you can. It does not appear to be an issue just simply not having room to fit the clearing bit without damaging the slope of the V carve walls.
The toolpath with a 1/8" circle showing the endmill will not fit.

3 Likes

I’ll test it now and let you know.

So far, your answer seems to be correct. I’ll run it on the machine now and respond when it’s done if it worked

Yes, you are right - many thanks!

Having not played with this feature, it would be really helpful in the UI if the 2 tool path were rendered in separate colors.

Also, it would be spectacular if CC would show tool info in a tool tip when hovering over a tool path.

(@robgrz - Tag)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.