Advice on transporting machine

Any advice or tips on transporting machine during a home move?

Will it be ok mounted down on its table in the moving truck or does it need to be unassembled to a certain point?

Any specific points other than the obvious ones to brace?

It’s not a long move only about 8 miles or so.

TIA

If it was me, I would take the X rail off. Maybe take the router off too.

Glad it is not me, hate moving

2 Likes

The ideal would be to disassemble it and put the pieces into boxes.

Alternately, remove the carriage from the gantry and the gantry from the frame — pack all the parts carefully, and be sure not to lose the power supply.

2 Likes

I have moved SO3 xxl and xl on back seat of 4 door pickup. Take the router off so the weight does not bounce around.

1 Like

I just moved 5.5 miles. I transported my SO3 XL In the bed of a pick up truck. It was flat in the bed and surrounded by other objects so it wouldn’t move around in the bed.

If you were going to go a similar route I would put zip ties on the rails to prevent the gantry and a-axis from moving around.

2 Likes

I moved mine a few hours drive recently by bolting some 2x4 and plywood to the wasteboard to make cradles for the X beam and Z using my workholding to clamp it all down, this meant I didn’t have to remove cabling etc. as the drag chains had enough flex. I removed the remaining V wheels so that the Y rails weren’t carrying any load.

It was pretty heavy still bolted to the torsion box, needed a person at each corner to lift but it arrived still square and straight.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.