Another House Sign

Arch House Sign made with PVC
Made a change to the design to make the border a little wider

Address Arch Sign

House Sign Arch 2.c2d (572 KB)

8 Likes

Nice sign well done! On the topic of signs, newbe here, when cutting with a v-bit what is the most common Font you use and which type of bit do you use for it. Thanks MichaelWorks

I don’t usually use a V bit for signs unless they are wood signs. The reason is with a V bit its hard to paint the top coat of the sign without getting the top coat color down into the cut letters. For the signs i make out of PVC I usually use a 1/8 or 1/4 down cut bit, occasionally a 1/16 down cut bit. But it depends on the size of the letters. I always use the largest possible bit. As far as fonts go for signs i use Arial a lot

Here’s another sign i do in pvc with a 1/4 down cut bit.

House Sign Horizontal - Pocket.c2d (144 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the Help! I will consider using Arial for the next project. When I have to paint(just 2 colors) I usually spray the letters first with a couple of coats(on wood). Then sand off the over spray. With a foam roller (4" wide) I apply the lightest of light coats over the the letters trying to apply as little paint as possible so as not to fill in any letters. (The less the paint on the roller the better) In fact it is so light it requires(after drying) other light coats until it is fully covered. Again Thanks

I pretty much do the same thing but i don’t sand off the overspray, I just paint over it. I also use my heat gun on low to dry the paint between coats so I don’t have to wait for it to dry. After I’m all done painting I do a clear overcoat spray to help protect the paint.

The sign looks great. I’ve not done any work with PVC yet. I didn’t expect that you would be able to paint it, but given your example I see that I am wrong. Is there a certain type (of brand) of paint that I should use?

I just use outdoor acrylic semi gloss paint for the white top coat. And rustoleum spray paint for the green

Thank you for that information. I can’t wait to try it out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.